Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2017

The Muffin Tin Challenge

Getting motivated after the Holidays is always difficult. Once again Heather has motivated us to begin the new year making new designs with the muffin tin challegne.
You can read about it here.


Heather and I have the same muffin tin.  This muffin tin was passed down to me from my Mom. I still use mine to bake muffins and cupcakes.  So when the challenge was given I pulled it out to put beads in it.  Well the beads never made it into the tin but it did inspire me to create new pieces. I had knee sugery Dec 23 and could not run up and down the stairs to my beadroom.  I had gathered bits and pieces to finish while recovering.  The crocheted rope and and crocheted bracelet parts were complete.  I had the perfect Humblebeads in mind to finish them off.

Accents include silver polished discs and large English cut beads. This was designed to be worn asymmetrical with the Humblebead displayed on the side





















I used the same sliver discs and English cut beads to complete the bracelet.  I love these two peices.




The next two necklaces were beaded with superduos and seeds beads. These tassle necklace remind me of Mardi Gras and it is carnival season in New Orleans. I love the chain tassels on these.



Love Letters by Maricia DeCoster. There are serveral people involed in spreading bead love back into our lives.
Marcia designed the L and there will be an O and V and E. I can't wait to beads all of these letters.
You can read more about this project here. LoveBeadLove.blogspot.com
Here is my first Letter L.



























I am kind of missing the 6th tin project.  I am counting the beaded flower as th sixth finished piece.  I had to bead it to use it as the surface emblishement for the L.

Thank you Heather for motiving us and make such beautiful Art beads to use in our designs. 
I had a lot of fun making these beautiful pieces of bead art.

8 comments:

Sandra said...

Beautiful~! ♥

bairozan said...

The beaded rope necklace and bracelet design is gorgeous! Love it! Never seen a beaded letter before and this one is stunning! Beaded jewelry always amazes me - so versatile and diverse :)

elisabeth said...

Incredible pieces! I hope you knee keeps healing :-)

Heather Powers said...

I'm glad you were able to keep busy while you recover. The crocheted pieces are awesome!

Michele Dell said...

Such pretty pieces!

Bijoux Gems Joy said...

Those beaded ropes are wonderful. I know you said you finished them before the challenge but they're great UFOs to complete
Mona

Christine Walker said...

Wow I bet they took a while to make! Beautiful :D
Christine x

Sarajo Wentling said...

I hope you're recovering from your knee surgery well and will be zipping around better than ever soon! Glad you could play along with the muffin tin challenge, Bev. I love those first two with your pretty Humblebeads... and those tassel necklaces are so fun!