Pages

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Accents For Your Attire

Beauty of the Bead I try to create pieces of beadart which will accent your attire. Sometimes you buy an outfit and look for that perfect piece of jewelry to show it off. Other times you find the perfect piece of beadwork and have to look for the outfit to wear it with. Last year for my birthday my friend Sally gifted me with this wonderful lampwork pendant. The colors explode from within and were hard to capture in a picture. The bead required something substantial that would not take away from it's beauty. I crocheted the rope using black 4mm puffy faceted rondells with a hint of bronze on the ends. It adds to the sparkle and gives the rope a vintage look which I think matches perfectly with the dress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see these in person!

Love how you finished the necklace!