Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bear Hugs

Friday morning. I passed on the coffee and breakfast. I got up, threw on some clothes and headed straight to the "Doc in the Box" (Urgent Care) There is something about dry air and the furnace running that sends me into a vapor lock. Cricket thought a little puppy love would do the trick. He sure knows how to make me feel better. Especially when he shares his bear.
My sister laughs at me when I tell her how cold it is here in the south. She would love to have temperatures in the 30's. No thank you I can't do -7 degrees with wind chills in the teens. They don't make warm clothes in the south. Even the sweatshirts are made of light weight material. Things are warming up tomorrow with highs in the 50's. Next weekend is the Bead Cruise. I am already to set sail! I need those tropical breezes, beads, family and friends! Next weekend when I leave town my husband will be glued to the tube watching the Saints. I will be sitting on the deck of a cruise ship with a little umbrella in my drink! I will wear my Saints Earrings gifted to me by my friend Carol.

Keep warm it's freezing out there!

8 comments:

SummersStudio said...

30 degrees is indeed too cold! I'm not made of that stern stuff anymore either and am waiting for a bit of warm weather too. What you need is a nice cruise. That will take care of the nasty effects of cold weather and furnace dryness.

TesoriTrovati said...

Cold, yes. It is about 29 for a high today. But colder weather is coming.
I love your pup. He looks exactly like my Madison who died in 2005. So sweet that he wants to cheer you.
Feel better. Say hello to everyone on the cruise for me. I will be shivering here in WI.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Marcia DeCoster said...

Oh dear, feel better soon, and I know you'll have a wonderful time cruising!

Beverly Herman said...

LeAnn I used to be made of sterner stuff. I did the Michigan winters 32 years. After 12 years in the South when It gets down to 75 I am looking for a jacket!

Erin I will say "Hi" to everyone for you. Maybe we will bring warmer weather home with us! Keep warm.

Marica, Thanks for the well wishes. I am sure those tropical breezes will be make everyone feel good

Beverly Herman said...

That should be 65 looking for a sweater. 75 is just right!

stregata said...

Outside my window, everything is covered with the S word. Shiver...
Stay warm and have a great time on your cruise. Enjoy a bit of warmth for me!

Anonymous said...

IS VERY GOOD .
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The Lone Beader® said...

Cricket is so cute!!