Pages

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

A Gallon of Milk

Wait, aren't we suppose to be talking about Christmas? Making gifts and shopping for those on our list along with decorating the tree and wrapping presents. I made plans for a trip to San Antonio to visit with Heather and make Christmas cookies with the girls.
It all changed with trip to the grocery store and a gallon of a milk.
A pulled muscle.
A trip to the doctor.
Physical therapy.
Another trip to the doctor
and confirmation it's not a pulled muscle.
It's a hernia.

I just had surgery in August to repair a previous one. That was number three. Oh gosh I was a baby. I cried and cried because I am not ready for another surgery. After the tears were spent I accepted it. "It is what it is". With the help of my daughter Amiee, we researched and found Tulane University Medical Center has a clinic that treats my kind of problem. My doctor made a referral and I have an appointment Tuesday morning.

On a brighter note Art and I put up our Christmas tree. It was nice working together to make the season bright. We are looking forward to the holidays. There will be something special under the tree for Cricket who sat so patiently while I snapped a picture or two.

5 comments:

Mellisa said...

Awww, I'm sorry you're having to go through another surgery...how frustrating :( Good luck tomorrow and a speedy recovery!

stregata said...

Sorry to hear this, Bev! Wishing you speedy recovery!

flyingbeader said...

Oh no,not another one, but you cannot live in pain. Let's hope this one gets down & fast & you are on the road to recovery sooner.

TesoriTrovati said...

Hey Bev! I am sending happy thoughts your way. That picture of Cricket brightened my day. Makes me miss my own Madison who has been gone for 5 years this week. I hope you are on the road to recovery soon!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

LUCILA said...

Espero se recupere pronto!!!