Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Big Easy

In 1987 The Big Easy was a movie filmed on location in New Orleans. It starred Dennis Quaid, Ellen Barkin, John Goodman, and Ned Beatty. The movie plot is about police corruption, love and murder. Being a small town girl moving to the Big Easy wasn't easy. Shortly after our move I came across an ad in the paper for a warehouse sale from the movie set of The Big Easy. Looking for a way to keep myself entertained at the time, I decided to check it out.

I loved to tell the tale of how I acquired my dining room chairs from the movie set. They had a history. After 14 years, these chairs have found a new home. This weekend a new dining room table and chairs arrived. I shouted out a double Hoot! Hoot! on Facebook. I was so excited.

The new table is dark rich heavy wood with bar stool heigh chairs. Some day soon I am going to crochet a new doily for the center of the table. The one I am using now I made 25+ years ago when my children were young.

You can catch both the move and the TV series "The Big Easy" on Netflix

1 comment:

Heather Powers said...

Enjoy your new furniture!