Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

Long Distance Mom


Today was the 18th year that I haven't seen my Mom or kids on Mother's Day.
Happy Mother's Day Mom!
I try not to dwell on the sadness I feel living so far away from my family.
It isn't easy being a long distance Mom. 17 months is a long time to go without seeing them. Thank goodness for phone calls and long distance wishes for a Happy Mother's Day.
I love you Ray, Jennifer, Amiee and Ray.  I am so proud of you all.  My heart swells with pride when I talk about you and I am always talking about all of you!!

Ray, Jennifer, Amiee and Heather.  

Art wrote me a note for Mother's Day.  

Just a note of appreciation and undying love and respect to the best wife and mother of all time.
You have filled an empty spot in both my heart and my soul. I marvel at the care and love you display under sometimes adverse circumstances.
You never fail to put all of us first. For this, I shall always look in awe and continue to wonder
“How?”.
 I can only say Thank You for being the love of my life!

Yes I cried.

It was also Art's birthday today.  He doesn't like me to fuss or made a big deal so I filled his day with things that make him happy. We went to the bakery for doughnuts.  His favorite. Chocolate fried cakes. It was a quiet day at home spending time together 

For these blessings I am thankful.


No comments: