Pages

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Spring Challenge

I made it with 2 days to spare completing my entry for the Etsy Beadweavers "Spring Break Challenge" The challenge for me came with the focal point of the necklace. At first I had visions of pearls nestled in fringe circles sewn to a v shape in the front. I made the v and the necklace part using diagonal peyote. Out of the blue I remembered a dragonfly pendant I had from Earthenwood Studios. Those other thoughts quickly dispersed when I pulled out the pendant. Azaleas and rhododendrons came to mind. The south is beautiful in the spring with azaleas and rhododendrons in bloom. Surrounding the dragonfly pendant are 56 3-mm siam a/b crystals. Twisted hex beads added texture to the design. I am ready for spring, for the flowers and the dragonflies it will bring.

11 comments:

The Lone Beader said...

Nice job! How long did it take you to make?? :D

Jean Hutter said...

This is the most beautiful necklace and pendant I have seen - I love the colors and of course the dragonfly. I have a dragonfly tattoo on my ankle. You never cease to amaze and inspire me!!!!

*melanie* earthenwood studio said...

oh, that is soooo beautiful! My little beadie is so proud!

incredible work, as always!

ClinkscalesArts said...

Bev, this is beautiful! I love it! The colors couldn't be any more perfect.

Carol Dean said...

Simply stunning, Bev!

No Easy Beads said...

lone beader I worked on this piece for 4 days. I had a few mechanical problems like getting caught in the crystals. Than I cut my thread and had to redo a section. Redesigning mid-stream added a few more hours.
Thank you all for your kind words. I am very pleased with this piece and accomplished my design goals.

KV said...

A lovely, earthy design which indeed evokes thoughts of spring!


Kathy V in NM

Anna said...

Beautiful Bev! Love the dragonfly!

Ritual said...

*drools*

How lovely!!!!

triz said...

love the colours! really beautiful!!!

Fab Fibers said...

SWEET! I love it Sister! It is so your design. Love the colors...
26 more days and I will be seeing you!