Pages

Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Ike

The outer bands of Hurricane Ike can be felt in our area this morning. We have had tornado warnings. The winds have been gusting up to 50 miles a hour and a few feeder bands of rain have hit. On shore flow will cause flooding in the lower parishes. They have started evacuations now for some of the west bank of Jefferson parish. I think we are far enough out that it won't be an issue in my backyard. Now we will hope not to lose electricity today. I am really sad that worst of the storm will hit Galveston Island. Despite my first experience there. I have enjoyed my other visits to the island. Houston will have a hard way to go also. As you go through the day today please keep southern Texas and Louisiania in your prayers.

3 comments:

KV said...

Been thinking about you today, Bev. My brother lives in Houston . . .


Kathy V in NM

Beverly Herman said...

Kathy I hope your brother is ok.
I couldn't find your email address to contact you privately. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

KV said...

Are you okay over there, Bev?


Kathy V in NM