Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Bead Therapy

This weekend the AKS Gem Show was in town. Friday I went with my friend Carol. We had a nice time walking slowing through the show and looking at everything. We found ourselves at the "Beading House" asking is this right? 50% off when you buy 10 tubes of beads. They were Toho seed beads. A few are the new permanent galvanized colors. I saw an orange I couldn't resist along with a few of the new marble colors. The pyrite beads that Heather picks up the shows had me looking for a few of my own. I couldn't resist the dye purple coin purles and the stitck pearls. It will be interesting to see what other treasures I will find tomorrow when I go back to the show with Sally. The best part of the show on Friday was seeing, Iris, Evelyn, Diane, Debbie, Leona, Terry and mingling with the bead girls.

9 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun at the show and did some good bead shopping! Can't wait to see some of the things you make with your new pretties :o)

The Lone Beader® said...

I am jealous! I can't remember the last time I was at a bead show... but it's probably better I don't go. LOL

Judith said...

ORANGE ... you bought orange beads??? LOL, there is yet some hope for you in having a brighter pallete of colors.

Beverly Herman said...

Judith not only did I buy orange beads...I bought lime green beads!
Let's not leave a mustard yellow.

Katie I had a great time at the beadshow.

The Lone Beader it was a nice little show not to big with just the right amount of vendors.

Marcie Abney Carroll said...

I'm extremely jealous, however, my main reason for writing is to be sure that I'm still in your Creative People are Adventurous "game"! I posted the info on my blog, so now it's my turn to make, make, make!

Desiree said...

Hi everyone. I found out about your group from a really nice lady at the the seed bead lady's table. Can anyone join your group?

Desiree

Beverly Herman said...

Desiree contact me at
bh121 (at) cox.net
I will contact you with information about our bead society. We would love to have you join us.

KV said...

Ooooooh, 50% off -- who could resist something like that?


Kathy V in NM

Anil said...

woow..these look awesome