Pages

Monday, April 06, 2009

Quiet Time

This week has been a time of quiet reflection. Spending a week in San Antonio with my family was great. I got to hear the tales Hannah and Evangeline shared after school. My favorite part was sharing an evening meal together with the family. These are things that feed my soul and fill it with the good things in life. Heather and I found a moment to experiment with Diamond Glaze. We stopped at a Stamp Store. A new discovery for me. Those stores can be dangerous with gadgets, tools, papers and ideas for alter art projects. The clerk at the store showed us how to hammer bottle caps to use as a bezel. We also bought resin to try but after reading the directions we decided to hold off on that experiment. The fumes can cause asthma attacks if not done in a very well ventilated area. I arrived back home April 1st to the phone ringing with news of my dear friend passing away. Dona Anderson lost her struggle with Fibrosing Mediastinitis on March 31st. I will miss her courage, strength and laughter. Dona was my mentor as I started my journey into the bead world. She called me a Bead Artist before I realized I was an Bead Artist. I am blessed to have so many wonderful memories of the time we shared in this life.

5 comments:

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren NEB,

I am sharing the joy you felt during your family gatherings and feeling the pain of the loss of your friend and mentor, Sistren Dona. May Jah double your joys and half your pain.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Jean Hutter said...

Oh Bev I am so sorry to hear about Dona - such a loss and such sad news.

Rosanne said...

Dona was such a beautiful person.
So kind and generous.
I know I'll miss her too. The whole beading world will miss her, she had such wonderful designs and patterns.

Those are some great charms you guys did. I know you had a great time at Heather's even if she was mean to you...just kidding Heather!

KV said...

Sorry about the loss of your dear friend, Bev. I am so glad you were able to spend time with Heather and your grandchildren before receiving this news.

Will be thinking of you,


Kathy V in NM

Jean said...

Bev~
I am really sorry to hear
sad new about Dona. She
was my favorite teacher!
The last time I saw her
at the Bead and Button
Show about 2 years ago.
I will miss her.
Jean