Pages

Saturday, August 02, 2008

I've Got A Date

Not a real date but a surgery date on August 18Th for two hernia repairs from previous surgeries. If all goes well they will be able to complete the procedure with laparoscopic surgery. In the mean time I haven't been doing much. Walking, sitting, standing and bending over the bead table are off limits right now. **Thanks for the all the prayers and well wishes for Dona Anderson. After 20 days in the hospital she is home resting. The crochet has been coming along beautifully. I have 3 row to complete and than I can starch and shape it. I recently purchased this Magic Crochet book on etsy: Seller sandritocat I had this magazine many years ago. It was much easier at this time to purchase the magazine than try to dig threw my closets to find the box which holds my crochet books. Thats enough from tonight. I am all worn out!

11 comments:

Judith said...

good wishes for a speedy recovry from your "date". Meanhile, lay low and know that we're all thinking of you. Nicely done doily.

Jean Hutter said...

Bev - I hope all goes well with your surgery and you are back to your old self soon. I miss seeing you beaded creations - you are such an inspiration. Your crochet project is awesome - I once had the idea to make a crochet tablecloth - needless to say I made a small dollie.

Beverly Herman said...

Judith thanks so much for the good wishes.

Jean I made a table cloth once. It took a year to crochet. It had diamond and butterflies in the pattern. Not to worry I will be back to beading before to long.
Thanks for stopping by.

Rosanne said...

Your crochet project is beautiful!
You just take it easy and have a speedy recovery. I'm still dragging along here...can we trade our bodies in for another model?
I think I've worn mine out...lol!
Off to bake a coffee cake for tomorrow, and I'm making your fruit salad too. Yummy...
Love you.

KV said...

Please take good care of yourself, Bev! Surgery is not fun but you will definitely feel a lot better when all is said and done.

Wow! Magic Crochet used to be one of my favorite magazines to buy when they were being published. Guess I need to haunt Ebay for issues I don't still have . . .


Kathy V in NM

Beverly Herman said...

Rosanne maybe they will find that Barbie that I keep saying I am protecting. Just kidding. We will have to settle for a tune-up

Anonymous said...

Oh Beverly! So sorry to hear of your impending surgery! Hope it goes off the easy way-and quickly- so you're back to your sassy self soon!

Beverly Herman said...

Kathy I always loved the diagrams in Magic Crochet. Check out etsy for back issuse. Thanks for the well wishes.

Thanks Jane, I miss my sassy self too!!

The Lone Beader® said...

Oh no! I'll be thinking of you!

Unknown said...

Wishing you all the best and a very speedy recovery!!!

Kim said...

oh ick! May it all go well for you (my dh just had an extreme hernia earlier in the year, I wouldn't wish that on anyone!)