Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Double St. Petersburg Chain

I have been busy working on a Double St. Peterburgs Chain. This will be my entry for the next Etsy Beadweavers challenge. The theme for the December Challenge is called "Snow Queen". I Imagine my Snow Queen wearing this piece at night. The dark blue of the night sky makes the snow and ice look gray. Surface embellishments on the end of the lariat will be a while pearl and with a blue flower crystal. The design is coming along fine in my mind. Now my hands just have to complete the task. You can see the pieces that have been entered so far by searching EBWC on Etsy.

8 comments:

Rosanne said...

That's gonna be another beautiful piece! Love it.

Anonymous said...

It never ceases to amaze me what you can do with those tiny little delicas beads and so on.
Superb!

The Muse said...

I can see the ballgowns glistening against the snow...the Czars and Empresses...clad in finery of jewels... The history of long ago...
Oh your work is going to wow them!

The Lone Beader® said...

It looks beautiful so far!

Beverly Herman said...

Thank you so much for all the wonderful encouragement. I hope to have this piece done this weekend.

azbeadedtreasures said...

Love the colors! Cannot wait to see the finished piece.

Edda said...

dear no easy beads, could you tell me how to find instructions for double st petersburg chain stitch, please?
I can't wait to make this!
Thank you,
Gbeads

Beverly Herman said...

Edda the nearest I can direct you is to a necklace pattern from Bead & Button. It explains how to do the double St. peterburg chain
http://www.beadandbutton.com/BNB/Default.aspx?c=a&id=3410