Pages

Monday, March 31, 2008

Art Bead Button Meets Brick Stitch

This week my beading is leaning towards the simple. I apparently pulled something in my back with all my cleaning. The state of chaos took over a year to create. I tried to play superwoman and put it all back in three days. I was a woman possessed cleaning box and after box. Beads flying and trash bags filling up. I had a bad case of Artie Merle cleaning disorder!! Poof! and it's done. I was left wondering what would I clean next or do I bring those pretties back out and bead something. Not wanting to get stuck in non beading rut I decided to revisit the brick stitch. I am going to give a class on this stitch at our next bead society meeting. I thought it might be a good idea to create some examples of completed beadwork using this technique. The pattern for this Arrow Bracelet is available at Bead-Patterns.com.
Completing the design is a Earthenwood Studio Button.
It was just the right Art Bead Button to compliment the brick design.

3 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

The beadwork compliments the button rather nicely!

Jean Hutter said...

See Bev - cleaning is not good for your health! This bracelet is beautiful - I love the color - very nice design.

KV said...

Very cool design!


Kathy V in NM