Pages

Saturday, March 08, 2008

The Island Hoppers Are Back!

It was pleasure to met Eni Oken and Marcia Decoster and see Rachel Nelson-Smith our instructors on the cruise. The beadwork was incrediable and the women who sailed with us were just delightful! Thank you Karen and Karen for the pen with my name on it. Denise I love the candle it smells so good. Thank you!(a little island flavor) Each year is better than the last. Pat I am so glad I finally got to met you. I am looking forward to Bead Cruise 2009! (left to right)Karen, Red, Bev, and Pat) Our journey began on "Navigator of the Sea". Bead Cruise 2008 set sail from Fort Lauderdale, Florida on March 1st. The weather was perfect and we were ready to set Sail on the High Seas. Our first stop was Ocho Rios, Jamaica. I woke early in the morning as our ship slowed and prepared to dock. I was so excited. Just like a kid on Christmas morning. We did a little shopping and headed back to the ship. We learned there are no problems in Jamaica only solutions. Our next stop was Georgetown, Grand Cayman. We went to Hell and back again. A stop at the Turtle farm was next, where we held a baby sea turtle. Every 17 years the turtles return to the Cayman Islands. Than we were off on a boat ride to feed the sting rays. Now that was an experience I won't forget. Island lore says kissing a sting ray is good luck. I wasn't ready to be kissed by a sting ray so I kissed a string ray instead. Visit Humblebeads and Fabfibers to see and hear more bead cruise stories. Thank you Heather for a job well done on Bead Cruise 2008!

7 comments:

KV said...

Oh, that cruise travelog looks grand! Maybe next year . . .


Kathy V in NM

The bad Liz said...

Sounds like you had a great time!!! I love the pictures!

Judith said...

I can't believe I see you wearing Hot florals! Nice to see what Pat looks like and hear of all the fun I missed. Welcome back home

Jean Hutter said...

Sounds wonderful - I love looking at the photos and see what jewelry everyone is wearing.

The Lone Beader® said...

Looks like you had fun! Lucky you!! And, I love that turtle! :D

retrothreads said...

Looks like a blast. That would be my dream vacation !

Anonymous said...

Oh Man! That cruise looks like so much fun. I would have loved to do the sting ray outing!

Aleta