Pages

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Day 2 Bead Journal Project

This morning, the coffee was brewing, the computer was booting up and I am thinking where is my June journal page going to take me today? I thought about what kind of beads I had hidden away in those boxes and drawers and filled in a space or two around the small raku beads above the shell beads. I came a cross a bag of brass beads from a bracelet I bought at McDonald Drug store 5 or 6 years ago in South Haven, MI. I thought they would be perfect to outline a wave around the shells. I worked on this piece on and off all day. I came to a stand still not sure which direction I was going to head next. I checked the mail and Wahoo...the vintage nailheads I bought from Mary Tafoya's Etsy shop arrived. I don't know how Mary finds all those great vintage beads but I am so happy she offers them in her shop! It didn't take me long to figure out where they were going to go. The last bead I added tonight was the square raku bead with an Adinkra symbol called GYE NYAME "except for God" meaning Supremacy of God. As I shut things down for the night I am very thankful that God hears the prayers of this Mother for her children, family and friends.

No comments: