Pages

Friday, June 27, 2008

Where Is The Dog?

Showers and thunderstorms send my dog Cricket into a panic. Tuesday's showers not only sent him into a panic but me as well. I came home and Cricket did not come to the door to greet us. He wasn't in the bedroom. He wasn't in the beadroom. He wasn't under the end table by the couch. He wasn't in any of the closets. Panic set in. Did I forget him out on the patio. No he wasn't there. I cried out "Cricket". I looked at my Mom and said I am not a bad Mom. How did I lose my dog! I turned down the hallway thinking what do I do next? Who do I call? The puppy police? Something caught my attention. I glanced into the bathroom and look who I found!! Cricket hiding in the bathtub with his little raisin eyes peeking out behind the shower curtian. Look Mom I am safe. That was a scary storm. I do beleive this little guy has seen one to many "how to keep safe in a storm" commericials on TV. He was smart enough to hide in the tub. Which scared the heck out of me!!!

9 comments:

PinkPoochDesigns said...

Oh, Cricket is precious :O)

Jean Hutter said...

Great photo Bev - my cats feel the same way but they fit under the couch.

Rosanne said...

He's the smartest dog in all New Orleans! That just cracks me up.
The bath tub is the last place I'd find Bailey,usually she squeezes under the desk.

KV said...

Oh what a great story! I read it aloud to my husband and we both laughed until we cried. Precious photo of your Cricket . . .


Kathy V in NM (who is experiencing at the moment the first thunderstorm we have had in over six months!)

Anna said...

Ahhhh! My 85lb. fur-child is very afraid of storms too! She's been trying to get into my daughter's room to hide under her desk!

Sooz said...

Too funny and Cricket's pic is perfect!
I had a German Shepherd that would crawl in my lap and shake during thunderstorms....
Of course, we knew all along you were a good mom!

SarahKelley said...

He is too cute!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

That is the funniest story, and if my husky-collie mix could figure out how to open the shower door she'd probably do the same thing!

Andrea said...

Haha. We have a Miniature Schnauzer too. We came home one day and did the same thing--called her name, searched for her, freaked out. Then we heard some rumbling under the kitchen sink. She had opened the cabinet door herself and aqueezed her behind the trash can and next to the dish washing liquid. We took a picture as well. Maddy cracks us up. Always during a stop she jets. She tries to hide in whatever is open. But Schnauzers are great dogs!!