Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Industrial Chic Reader's Challenge

I am really proud of my daughter Heather Powers of Humblebeads. She created this wonderful necklace and entered it in the Industrial Chic Reader's Challenge. I would love to see her win this contest.
Voting is open until Monday July 26th.
Vote here.

This is the description she wrote:
Inspired by the themes of delicate and precious thing stored away in a keepsake box, I incorporated one of my hand painted polymer egg beads into the focal. I used the small nautilus shell spacers from the Industrial Chic line and a nest from Green Girl Studios for the dangles, attaching them to Industrial Chic twisted links. For color, I added sea-glass colored resin beads and a faceted smoky quartz bead. I completed the necklace with a generous length of Industrial Chic copper chain.

And to personalize the piece I replaced the tiny dice inside the treasure box with seashells from one of my trips to Mexico.
Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

WindyRiver said...

Wonderful necklace! Good luck in the contest!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

I didn't know Heather was your daughter. She is such a talented lady, you must be so proud. This is a beautiful piece. I hope she wins!