Pages

Monday, December 19, 2005

Milargos

I have a fansination with religious artifacts. Last year I discovered Milargos. The word milagro means "miracle" in Spanish. People might carry a milagro with them in order to get its benefit. Milagros can represent specific objects, persons, or animals, or they might represent concepts that might be symbolized by the object represented in the milagro. The Milargos I used were blessed by a priest. I believe in being blessed by God, giving a blessing and recieving a blessing. Descriptions or concepts of common of Milargos Some I gave away and the others I kept to make something special. I thought for awhile my milargos were going to be part of necklace. Last night they decided they wanted to be a bracelet I could wear in my travels. I used the new C-LON cord I got from Cindy's Crafts with half hitch macrame knots. A good book to learn how to make Micr0-Macrame Jewerly with tips and techniuqes for knotting with beads is Micro-Macrame by Joan R. Babcock The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord's face shine upon you and be gracious to you, the Lord look upon you with favor and give you peace. In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

does this mean your home? and ready to play with your beads again? I don't know if you noticed but I have little praying men and women milargos hanging from my dining light. They represent a marriage that is filled with faith and God's love. That's always my prayer for Jess and me.

hugs