Pages

Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Keeper of Beads and Things

I have become a keeper of beads and things. I asked my husband when did I became a pack-rat? He said I was pretty well entrenched before we met. I thought he was making up a new word. I had to look it up: Entrenched is an objective. It has two meanings. Meaning 1#: dug in Meaning 2# estabished firmly and securely. I am entrenched in 10+ years of beads. I decided three days ago that I needed to clean and re-arrange my beadroom. My poor husband had to move the bookshelf three times before I found the right spot. I had to get the flamingo collection just right. Everywhere I looked there were boxes, containers and bowls with beads in them that needed to be put away. Everything has been put away and put back into place. Almost....I have to tackle the walk in closet next. I am happy with the way things have been re-arranged. My next bead project is to finish this loom bracelet. The pattern is by Beadyboop called Nouveau Now where did I put that loom needle?

4 comments:

The bad Liz said...

HELP!!! Bevvie - I need assistance in cleaning and clearing my bead room. It's taking over and I don't know what to do about it..... I should have an organizer come in an watch me work, but I'm too cheap to pay for one.....

Good job on the organization!!

Beverly Herman said...

Liz it if wasn't for my friend Sally who likes to sort beads my room would still be a mess. Once I pour out the beads I have a hard time putting them back in the tube. I have this wonderful jar of bead soup mix. Finding the right system for storing the beads has always been a problem for me. I want them out where I can be inspired by the colours.

Anonymous said...

So nice and clean... Mine is nowhere close. This is the second beady blog I've visited with clean workspaces. Guess I should get to work.

That loom bracelet looks like it's going to be great!

The Lone Beader® said...

I guess I'm no where near entrenched compared to you. LOL!