Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

I Am Seeing Stars

Inspired by the dancers in Costa Maya. Bright bold colors had me seeing stars. I made this necklace for my sister Rosanne. Before we left on the Bead Cruise I had booked marked this pattern by Jean Power of London. Time did not allow for the necklace I wanted to make using her Geometric Stars patterns. I have stepped away from my normal monochromatic color scheme and let the color of the islands dazzle my color palette. I bought the pattern this weekend and have to say Jean's execution of her instructions and illustrations are exceptional. Jeans award-winning Geometric Bead work series has won a judges' favorite award in the 2008 FMG contest, 2nd place in the necklace category of the 2008 Bead Art Awards and was a finalist in the 2008 Bead Dreams Contest. I was fortunate enough to see Jean's work as a finalist in the 2008 Bead Dreams Contest last year at the Bead & Button show. Thanks Jean it was pleasure working with your pattern. Thanks for stopping by! Bev

10 comments:

Jean Hutter said...

OMG this is awesome - I love the colors it is beautiful. Your sister will love it.

Judith said...

when I saw those colors I thought I was reading the wrong blog! Way to go Bevvie, about time, they are just great, and so happy looking.

Rosanne said...

Oh gosh...I had to peek and I am doing a happy dance in my chair as I write this. You are the greatest sister and I am the luckiest. Thank you! Its beautiful and I will wear proudly!
Love you...Rosanne

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

Lucky, lucky sister :D Gorgeous!

KV said...

Gorgeous colors, Bev -- one could only walk around with a huge smile on their face wearing these!


Kathy V in NM

Lorelei Eurto said...

Bev, this is outstanding!!

Katie said...

how awesome! seeing your version of the stars is so cool - I just ordered the pattern, too :o) I love the more geometric-looking patterns that are out there (it's that math brain kicking in again...)...thanks for sharing the pictures! and Rosanne is a lucky lady :o)

SueBeads said...

Wow, those are just amazing! And to think, I want to learn how to make beaded beads! You are one talented lady!

The Lone Beader® said...

That is beautiful! Will you also make one for your etsy shop?? I'm sure it would sell in an instant!

Raka said...

Oh gorgeous colors, really love these stars!